In The News

6.15.2011

Summer Staples

In my mind, summer is here.
In the calendar's mind, summer starts next week.

Either way you look at it,
it's smokin' hot outside and time for some lightweight, cool clothes 
and accessories, of course.

These things are what I have chosen for my  
Summer 2011
staples.

Summer...ahhhhh
Isn't that supposed to mean rest?
Yeah, that's what I thought.
For me, it seems to mean work, work, work, literature, literatureee, literatureeee, more literature, sociology, literature, sociology, LITTTTTTERATUREEE, sleep, run, run, run, run, run, and back to literature. 
Whatevs (as Alan would say), that's for another post.

Back on topic now.




Lightweight White Button-Up
A white button up is, without a doubt, the most versatile clothing item you can have. You can tuck it in, wear it out, or even tie it in a knot. Endless possibilities.
Image compliments of Zara.


V-Neck T's
V-necks are great for weekdays with a cute pair of shorts and can even be worn out to the pool.
Image compliments of Zara.

Natural Linen Shorts
These are perfect for a night out.
Image compliments of Zara.


Cuffed Jean Shorts
They go with everything. I wear them with v-necks and even with nice tops. 
Image compliments of Zara.


Skinny Studded Belt
I bought a belt like this one at J. Crew after Christmas. It was on clearance for $20, and I wasn't leaving without it. Little did I know, I would wear it at least once a week.
Image compliments of Zara.


Espadrille Wedges
In case you didn't know, Bloomingdales has the best shoes, AND they're actually affordable. You're welcome.
Image compliments of Bloomingdales.


Bold Necklaces
Bright colors are in. Don't forget, you don't have to be wearing a color for it to be in your jewelry!
Image compliments of Francesca's Collections.


Stacked Watch and Bracelets
When I go for this look, I wear an oversized watch, several leather wraps with large buckles, a few bracelets, and my David Yurman bracelet.
Image compliments of Shut Up I Love That Shirt On You.


Gold Stud Earrings
I got these for Christmas last year, and I wear them almost every day. They're simple yet different.
Image compliments of Saks Fifth Avenue.



Simple Fedora
I wear my fedora when my fly aways won't calm down, and no one even knows they're there. Genius, huh?
Image compliments of Zara.


Bright Nails
I know, I know, this is probably the third time I've mentioned this polish on here, but I'm in love. I'm not sorry.
Image compliments of Essie.


Neutral Tote Bag
I love this bag because I can just throw anything and everything in there and run. Half of the time, I have a swim suit in mine...just in case.
Image compliments of Saks Fifth Avenue.


Simple Hair
Why spend hours slaving over your hair when you can twist it up like this while it's still damp?
Image compliments of Pintrest.

Light, Beachy Make-Up
Lauren Conrad, possibly my favorite person of all time, always seems to get this look perfect.
Image compliments of Allure.





No comments:

Post a Comment