In The News

6.22.2011

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

If my mom was extremely weird and still wrote memorable events down in my baby book, she would be adding

Jessica's First Baseball Game: 
Atlanta Braves vs. Texas Rangers
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Turner Field, Atlanta, GA



Yep! That's right. I went to my very first baseball game this past weekend.

Sean and I got up bright and early Saturday morning, and we hit the road to Atlanta by 7AM. I shopped for hours in H&M at Cumberland Mall then we made our way over to Turner Field. 





Since we got there about 2 hours before the game started, he took me on a little tour of the stadium. 

As I entered under this sign, there was a lady standing there who politely greeted me with,
 "Welcome to Braves country!" 


 A 2 mile climb up the stairs led Sean and I to the top. Here we are sitting on the giant Coca-Cola chair that overlooks the skyline of Atlanta.

Ahhh. I am so in love with Atlanta. If you've been a loyal reader then you know that I want to live in an urban loft downtown for about a year after I graduate.






After getting the tour of the upper deck, we made our way back down the stairs to watch batting and pitching practice.







  Sean stood by the field hoping to catch a ball for about 15 minutes. Seeing that he wasn't having any luck, we sought cover from the blazing hot sun. 
Guess what just happened to be under the cover?

HOTDOGS!!

Of course I had to have one.
What is a baseball game without a hotdog?

I know this isn't Weight Watchers appropriate, but it was a special occasion.
I promise I won't make a habit having to use my extra points.





Finally, the game started.

This picture was taken from our seats, 4 rows from the fence. We had such a great view
  (of Jason Heyward's booty, that is).

It took the Braves a little while to score, but we did get to do the tomahawk chop before we left.





Sadly, it started to rain at the bottom of the 5th inning. After checking the radar and seeing that the rain was there to stay, Sean and I headed back home.






I really wish we would have gotten to stay for the whole game. Regardless of our short stay in Atlanta, I really enjoyed my first baseball game and our mini vacation.





GO BRAVES!
Oh oh oh oh

No comments:

Post a Comment