In The News

4.18.2011

Stylish Blogger Award


First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Miss Brittany Purpura (www.bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com) for choosing Jelaco Design as the winner of the 
Stylish Blogger Award.
Thank you so much for that, girl. I truly appreciate this recognition.


As the recipient of this honor I must:
1. Link back and thank the person who gave it to me.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Award 5 stylish blogs I read.
4. Contact them and tell them about their award!



Choosing only 7 things to tell you about has been hard, but here they are:

ONE
As an only child, I have always been very close to my parents. People ask, "Do you wish you had siblings?" I always answer, "I don't know. I don't know what it would be like to have one, but I do know that I like it just the way it is." I have always eaten dinner at the table with my parents, watched TV with them, and done my homework while sitting in the living room with them. My dad and I have spent many hours on the golf course together and he has taught me so much. My mom is who I go to when I need to talk to someone; she knows everything about me and is always there. 
I love my parents so much and enjoy going home to see them as often as possible.

TWO


I started begging for a Yorkie puppy when I was 5. I begged and begged and begged. Every holiday, I told my parents that if they would just get me a puppy that I would never ask for anything else. Finally, Christmas of my senior year, they decided that I was old enough to have a dog of my own. And along came Winston Frescott Cobb, you can just call him Winston, though. His first name, Winston, was chosen by Robby Spruiell, and his middle name is Frescott because my precious friend, Katie Mattox, calls me Frescott. My mother quickly fell in love with him and he now lives at home with her. She calls Winston her "surrogate child" now that I'm gone. I just love this little baby!

THREE
I started playing golf when I was in 5th grade. My dad teaches school so he is off during the summers and he would take me to the course with him. I played varsity golf for seven years and I still enjoy playing when I have time.

FOUR
Since I have moved off to college, I have made so many new friends. Many of them go to the University of Alabama, but several go to Auburn University. College has allowed me to expand my boundaries and meet people from so many different places. My new friends are so special and I hope we keep in touch even after college. 


FIVE
Although I have made new friends, I will always have my friends that didn't move to Tuscaloosa with me. These guys have been there with me through everything and they mean the world to me.
Molly and I have been close since we were in 4th grade. We worked together at a shoppe in our hometown for several years. She now goes to UAH and is majoring in accounting. I LOVE YOU, MOLLY!

This is Robby. We didn't really become close friends until 10th grade, but he has been the best friend anyone could ever ask for. He now goes to Auburn University and is a pre-dental major. I LOVE YOU, ROBBY!

SIX
If you knew me before I moved to Tuscaloosa, then you know I haven't always said "Roll Tide!!" I was raised a Georgia Bulldog fan. It absolutely makes my dad's skin crawl for me to say "Roll Tide," he says he "raised me better than that." But now that I go to school at UA, I am a Crimson Tide fan. I won't lie, I still cheer for the bulldogs, I just do it very quietly. I may get in trouble for saying "Gooooo Dawgs!" in Tuscaloosa. What do you think?

SEVEN
Design is my passion. As you probably already know, I haven't always been a design major, but I am now and I couldn't be happier. I am interested in the architectural aspect of design and hope to one day work for an architectural firm as an interior designer.

Those are only seven things about me. Keep reading my blog and you're guaranteed to learn many, many more things!


And my Stylish Blogger Awards go to...


Once again, thank you so much, Brittany, you're too sweet!










No comments:

Post a Comment