In The News

4.21.2011

Don't Be Afraid

 Today's most common fears include 
flying, public speaking, heights, the dark, death, failure, needles, crowds, and germs.

I will not say that I am not scared of any of those, but I wouldn't call any of them my fears.

There are only a few things that make me absolutely cringe.
They are what I call my fears.
Yes, they're silly, but they are the things that scare me.

You can laugh all you want but here they are:

ICE CREAM TRUCKS
I had never been around ice cream trucks until I moved to Tuscaloosa. Now, it comes through the apartment everyday. 
You know the music ice cream trucks play? Yeah, that. That's what terrifies me.
 When the music stops and the creepiest voice I've ever heard says, "Hello," I almost come to tears.
 I won't even get started on how weird it is when a toothless old man is hanging out of the back window of a van serving ice cream to a line of small children.

NUTCRACKERS
Something about the way nutcrackers "chomp" just scares me. 
I don't know what it is.
 And that hair. Why is it even there? Ewww.

WOODEN ARTISTS
Don't ask me why I'm scared of these. I don't know. I think it's something about 
the way they move.

Of course I'm also scared of SNAKES and SPIDERS. Who isn't?
I won't put a picture of those on here.
I can't look at a picture long enough to upload it.



It seems as though in the last two weeks, I have constantly come face to face with all of these things. 
Since I am not at home with my parents anymore,
 I think it's time to grow up and throw my fears away.



As someone once said, 
"Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing."



So, with that being said, I am setting a challenge for myself. From today forward, I am going to not be afraid. These things will not scare me. I will face them with no fear.

Now, I am going to challenge you. Think of your fears then put yourself in contact with them and don't be afraid. I promise they won't hurt you.

I'm not saying go crawl in a bed of tarantulas or in a pit of pythons. Don't go jump off of a 40 story building, either. 
I'm talking about things within reason, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment