In The News

3.22.2011

Welcome Home

In my last post, I mentioned the fact that each person needs and deserves to live in a comfortable environment. We all find comfort and happiness in different atmospheres. When I lived back at home with my parents, my room seemed quite childish to me, and I couldn't wait to move to Tuscaloosa just so I could have a new room! Little did I know, I would miss that "childish" room quickly after moving. I am going to refrain from going on my "I Miss Home" rant right now simply to save myself a few tears. At home, I had white wicker furniture, seafoam green and brown accents, and boocoodles of pictures. When I moved, I got new furniture, bedding, and accessories.  My goal was to refrain from creating what seemed like a shrine to my friends and family. I wanted it to seem more "grown up." After all, moving off to college is "grown up," right? Yeah, whatever, if you say so. I still miss my parents and Winston, of course.

I have lived here in my apartment for 7 months now. Lots of things have been moved and changed since I first got here. I've learned that you must live in a space for a little while to learn where things are most aesthetically pleasing and most useful. I took a few snapshots of my apartment this morning and I'd like to share them with you. 
Note: This is how it looks at this moment, not how it looked yesterday, or how it will look tomorrow. Boredom leads me to redecorating.


Welcome to my apartment. 


I recently purchased these chairs not only to add a little something to my patio, but to sit outside on gorgeous days like today and do my homework.


In attempt to escape homework, I painted this one night a few weeks ago. Need I say more? ROLL TIDE.


This is my living room, obviously. You don't have to tell me how atrocious my sofa is; I know. At first, I had a sofa cover on it and let me tell you, that thing was the biggest pain in the rump EVER. I took it off a few weeks ago and it is what it is. I like to call it my "Broyhill Santa Fe 1990 Sofa." It was in my Nanny's house and is now a hand-me-down. Hey! I'm a college kid, I take what I can get. Money isn't as plentiful as I'd like these days. 


I wish I had more time to watch that TV, but school seems to take over my life.


This is one of my favorite parts in my apartment, the dining area. Isn't it adorable?


I love my cutesy little Alabama kitchen!


My bedroom, oh, my bedroom. These pieces of furniture are my children. Don't believe me? Just ask my friends what happens if they sit a water bottle on my dresser. 
After searching for bedroom furniture for what seemed like forever, I finally found this and I absolutely love it. It's a Broyhill collection and I can't think of the name of it for the life of me!! The pictures on the walls are all from Kirkland's and the bedding came as a set from Target. 
This upcoming summer, I am going to add a desk to the left corner. I'm sure I'll make a few other changes and you'll be sure to be updated.



I love my walk-in closet. Not many college students have those, right? I only posted one side because I highly doubt you care anything about seeing a picture of my coats, jackets, blazers, shoes, and pillows. I realize that this is in desperate need of organization. I just swapped all of my winter clothes for summer clothes (YAY!!!) and I haven't quite gotten around to organizing it all, but no worries, it's on my to do list!


SANDALS make me happy :)) That's all there is to it. This is only a portion, the rest are on the floor not looking too cute at this moment. I'm working on it, geez!




BATHROOM. Notice: Philosophy Amazing Grace lotion and my green Clarisonic Mia
Every girl needs both of those so hop on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment